Australia's international development assistance program in Pakistan aims to work with the Government of Pakistan towards a stable, secure, democratic country through broad-based social and economic development and poverty reduction in line with the Millennium Development Goals.
The Australia Awards program is aligned with Australia's development assistance in Pakistan, targeting human resource gaps in identified priority sectors. It aims to provide awardees with the skills and knowledge to drive change and influence economic and social development.
Australia Pakistan Agriculture Scholarships Short Course Awards - 2013
The Australia Pakistan Agriculture Scholarships Short Course Awards fall under the banner of Australia Awards and provide opportunities of formal study or training generally less than three months and no more than 5 months in duration.
These award opportunities are highly targeted and are to be offered to qualified Pakistani nationals working in agriculture and rural development related fields. The priority field for 2013 is:
Irrigation & Water Resource Management
Achieving gender balance is a priority for the Australia Awards program and in order to achieve this objective, women are encouraged to apply.
AusAID is also committed to offering short course awards to people with disability who are otherwise eligible to apply.
Application dates for study commencing in Australia in 2013
Opening date: 20 May, 2013
Closing date: 24 June, 2013
Applications received after this date will not be considered.
The Application Process
Applications can only be submitted in hardcopies. Download Application and Feedback Forms in English and Urdu.
Please submit application form along with all the supporting documents to the address provided below, by close of business 24 June, 2013.
You must provide following documents with your application to meet the specific requirements for Australia Pakistan Agriculture Scholarships:
- two passport sized photos;
- attested copies of academic qualifications (both sides of all degrees and all transcripts should be copied);
- attested copies of employment record;
- attested copy of passport, if available;
- attested copy of national identity card; and
- recommendation letters from two referees with their contact details.
The Selection Process
The selection process will include referee checks, the evaluation of application, and take into account the years of experience, academic background, relevance of experience to priority field, and relevance of proposed study to future development within the priority field.
The following support services will be available to awardees:
- translation of course content into Urdu;
- standard AusAID short course award support;
- access to Australia Awards Scholarships Alumni – Pakistan services and activities; and
- applicants with disability, who otherwise meet the eligibility criteria, will be supported throughout the selection process and while studying in Australia.
Australia Awards Office
Level 4, Serena Business Complex
Khayaban-e-Suharwardy Sector G-5/1
Telephone: +92 51 2600186-9
Fax: +92 51 2600191